Looking for an amazing chicken with garlic sauce recipe? This is the best garlic butter chicken you will ever taste. Served with rice, this garlic herb chicken is an easy weeknight dinner that tastes amazing.
- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 C. Chicken broth
- 1 ½ C. Basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Herb mix including parsley, oregano and thyme.
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- Parmesan for garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function, and add in the olive oil.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with 1 tsp of chili powder, 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the heated Instant Pot, and sear on both sides until browned.
- Remove the browned chicken, and add the butter to the Instant Pot.
- Pour the chopped onion into the Instant Pot, and cook until beginning to soften.
- Mix in the minced garlic, and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- Stir in the herb mix, paprika and chili powder.
- Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot, and then pour in the basmati rice, making sure all of the rice is submerged under the broth.
- Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot on top of the rice mixture.
- Close the lid, making sure the release valve is set to the sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook on manual for 8 minutes. After the cook time is complete, let the Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes before moving the release valve to the venting position to remove the additional pressure.
- Remove the lid, and garnish with grated parmesan before serving.
- Category: dinner
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american