Love refried beans and want to make them at home? Use this Instant Pot Refried Beans recipe to make delicious refried beans healthy. Easy to Make and inexpensive too, cooking pinto beans has never been so easy.
- 2 cups dry pinto beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse the pinto beans in cool water, sifting through the beans with your fingers to find and remove any small rocks that may be mixed in with the beans.
- Pour the pinto beans into your Instant pot. Add the water, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt, cumin, and olive oil; mix well.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid then lock the lid in place and set the steam valve to “sealing.” Select 45 minutes of cook time.
- When the beans have finished cooking, allow the pressure to drop naturally for 20 minutes, then release the steam vent.
- Place a colander into a large bowl. Pour the cooked beans into the colander and allow the bowl to catch the cooking liquid.
- Transfer the beans to a large bowl. Add ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Use an immersion blender to puree the beans until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The refried beans may be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze in smaller containers for up to 3 months.
- Category: side dish
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: instant pot refried beans