Looking for a sesame chicken recipe that tastes better than take out ever could? When you make Instant Pot Sesame Chicken, you can have dinner on the table in no time.
- 3 Boneless Skinless chicken breasts cuts into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Onion chopped
- ½ C. Soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp. Cornstarch + 4 Tbsp. Water
- Green onion chopped
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function, and add in the sesame oil.
- Place the chicken, chopped onion, and 1 ½ tablespoons each of the minced garlic and minced ginger into the pot. Saute the ingredients until the chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
- While the chicken is searing, add the soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds, brown sugar, honey, hoisin sauce and the rest of the minced ginger and garlic to a bowl. Whisk to combine the ingredients well.
- Turn off the saute function, and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the release valve is in the sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook manually on high for 3 minutes. Perform a quick release to relieve the pressure right away when the cook time is over, and open the lid.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water until completely dissolved.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the Instant Pot, and stir it with the chicken until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Top the chicken with the remaining sesame seeds and the chopped green onions before serving over rice.
- Category: dinner
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: instant pot sesame chicken