Oh, the amazing flavors in this Instant Pot smoked sausage and bean soup is out of this world. Perfectly smokey sausage with protein-packed beans is the hearty meal you are looking for.
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. Boneless pork roast cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp Each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 28 oz. Diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. Can Cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. Can Cannellini beans rinsed, drained and mashed.
- ½ c. Chicken stock
- 6 oz. Smoked sausage cut into bite-sized pieces
- Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for garnish
- Set the Instant Pot to saute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and saute the chopped onion for a few minutes until it begins to soften.
- Mix in the minced garlic, and stir to combine.
- Place 1 pound of boneless pork roast into the Instant Pot, and saute for several minutes until it begins to brown, stir often.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add in 28 ounces of diced tomatoes and one can of rinsed and dried cannellini beans.
- Mix in the can of mashed cannellini beans.
- Pour in ½ cup of chicken stock.
- Add in a half pound of smoked sausage and stir to combine everything completely.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, make sure the vent is in the closed position, and set it on the “Soup” setting for 20 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot slow release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release to relieve the remaining pressure. Take the lid off, and stir, letting it cook on saute to thicken further if needed.
- Serve hot topped with fresh Parmesan and chopped parsley.