An Easy Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe. Fresh lemon and blueberries, baked into a light and moist coffe cake.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 packages dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 eggs, separated, reserve the egg whites
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 ounces blueberries (we used Jumbo)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- Heat butter and milk over low on stovetop until butter has melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and beat in the egg yolk. Blend in the cooled milk mixture.
- Sift in the flour, salt and Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, blend together sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces and dust each with flour. Roll out (one at a time) to make an 18-inch Pour half of the lemon filling onto the dough and spread out over the dough, and then add half of the blueberries and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Carefully place into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Repeat with the second half and carefully place that half on the other side of the pan, overlapping the first half.
- Place on stovetop and let rise for 30 minutes while preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert to a cake plate. Drizzle with a cream cheese, lemon or vanilla glaze.
Serve fresh for best results or reheat slices in microwave for 30 seconds prior to serving to retain moistness.
Makes 8-10 servings.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon blueberry coffee cake, coffee cake, lemon blueberry dessert