Loaded cauliflower bake is the perfect side dish to serve up. A potato substitute that is a low carb side dish. Make for holidays or weeknight dinners.
- 2 Small heads of cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 3 Cloves minced garlic
- 2 c Milk
- 1 ½ c Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 oz Cream cheese softened
- 6 Slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ c Chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring the cauliflower florets in salted water to a boil for 3 minutes. Drain completely, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, and cook to thicken.
- Add in the cream cheese, and stir until melted completely.
- Remove the thickened mixture from the heat, and add in 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the drained cauliflower in a greased casserole dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over top of the cauliflower, and toss to coat.
- Add ¾ of the crumbled bacon and chopped green onions, stirring to mix well.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese on top of the cauliflower.
- Top the mixture with the remaining crumbled bacon and chopped green onions.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned on the top.
- Category: dinner
Keywords: cauliflower bake, loaded cauliflower casserole, potato substitute, low carb side dish