Coconut date balls are the perfect no-bake snack to take on the go. You can make date energy balls with 10 minutes prep time. Energy bites are so yummy!
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 6 dried plums (prunes), pitted and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or make your own No Sugar Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons of chia seed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process dates, plums, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, blueberries, cocoa powder, salt and water until almost smooth.
- Place the coconut and chia seeds for rolling in separate shallow bowls. Fill a medium bowl halfway with cold tap water. Dip your hands in the water and shake off any excess (this will prevent the balls from sticking to your hands and ensure that the topping sticks to the ball). Roll a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a 1½-inch ball between moistened palms, roll the ball in either the coconut or chia seeds, and then place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, moistening your hands as necessary and spacing the balls about 2 inches apart. Place the balls in the freeze to chill for 2 hours.
- Wrap each ball individually in parchment paper or bakery tissue paper, place in a sealable plastic freezer bag and keep frozen until ready to eat.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: coconut date balls, date energy balls, date ball recipe, energy bites, no bake energy bites