These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are the most amazing cookies you will ever taste. These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with two types of chocolate and crunchy toasted pecans. These one of a kind cookies are amazing.
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 1 cup oats in food processor and process until well ground, about 30 seconds. Transfer to large bowl and stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar together, about 1 minute. Add egg, and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add vanilla and melted chocolate and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and remaining 3/4 cup oats, beat to combine. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Roll 2 ounces (about 2 tablespoons) of dough into balls and space 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake, rotating and switching position of pans halfway through baking time, until cookies are cracked and set on top but look moist within cracks, 14 to 18 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe easily doubles. Make sure to cool the baking sheets between batches.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip cookies