Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Can I Use Mint Extract Instead of Actual Peppermints?
If you do not want to have pieces of peppermint in your cookies, you can use mint extract instead. You will want to use between 1 to 2 teaspoons of mint extract. You can adjust this according to how much mint flavor you want in your cookies.
Can This Cookies and Cream Cookies Dough be Frozen?
I love freezing cookie dough. If you want to be able to have these cookies and cream cookies on hand whenever you want them, freezing the dough is the best way. You can freeze the dough in two ways. First, you can freeze the dough as a whole batch. This is similar to when you buy the prepackaged cookie dough logs. You can roll the dough into a log shape and then wrap it in plastic. Another option is to back the cookie dough balls and then freeze them on a plate or a baking sheet. Once frozen, you can move them to an airtight container or freezer bag.
How to Store these Cookies
Once the cookies are cooled, you want to make sure to keep the cookies in an airtight container or in a freezer bag. This will keep the cookies from becoming hard and stale. If you have more cookies than you can eat before they go stale, you can also freeze the baked cookies. this is another way to have cookies on hand all time time.
How Long Do Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies Last
When you keep the cookies stored properly they will last about 5 days before starting to go stale. If you will not finish the cookies before they go bad, consider freezing them in a freezer bag to enjoy them later.
Ingredients for Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
- White cake mix
- Unsalted butter
- Peppermint extract
- Cream cheese
- Oreo cookie chunks
- Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
- Dark chocolate chips
How to make Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Prep cookie sheet with parchment paper
Lay a sheet of parchment paper on the counter.
Add the cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, peppermint extract, and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
Using an electric mixer beat the batter until it turns into a soft dough.
Add the cookie chunks, peppermint crunch pieces, and chocolate chips. Gently stir these ingredients into the cake mixture.
Transfer to the refrigerator and chill the dough for 30-60 minutes.
With the cookie scoop make cookie balls. Roll the dough into round balls. (Will make about 24 balls)
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
(Do not over bake)
The cookies will look undone and soft.
Allow the cookies to remain on the cookie sheet and cool for 2-3 minutes.
Using a spatula gently remove the cookies putting them on the parchment paper lined counter.
With the cookies on the parchment paper lined counter top gently tap the tops of the cookies with the bottom of the flat spatula flatten out.
Allow the cookies to completely cool.
Store the remaining cookies in the lidded container.
More Peppermint Cookie Recipes:
If you love peppermint cookies like these, you have to try these other peppermint cookie recipes. Perfect all year round, peppermint cookies are a dream come true.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies – These are the best Double Chocolate Peppermint cookies ever. These cookies are rich in chocolate flavor and have a great peppermint flavor.
Stuffed Chocolate Peppermint Cookies – If you are looking for an amazing chocolate peppermint cookies recipe then you want to save this one. These stuffed chocolate peppermint cookies are delicious and are the perfect holiday cookie idea.
Chocolate-Peppermint Shortbread Cookies – These Buttery chocolate shortbread cookies are topped with peppermint frosting and chocolate drizzle. These cookies are so good, you won’t be able to resist them.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 box white cake mix
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter (unsalted)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz (1/2 package) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 C Oreo cookie chunks
- 1 C Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- Electric mixer w/ bowl
- Cookie scoop
- Cookie sheet
- Baking spray
- Parchment paper
- lat spatula
- Lidded storage container
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Prep cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on the counter.
- Add the cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, peppermint extract, and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat the batter until it turns into a soft dough.
- Add the cookie chunks, peppermint crunch pieces, and chocolate chips. Gently stir these ingredients into the cake mixture.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and chill the dough for 30-60 minutes.
- With the cookie scoop make cookie balls. Roll the dough into round balls. (Will make about 24 balls)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
(Do not over bake)
- The cookies will look undone and soft.
- Allow the cookies to remain on the cookie sheet and cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula gently remove the cookies putting them on the parchment paper lined counter.
- With the cookies on the parchment paper lined counter top gently tap the tops of the cookies with the bottom of the flat spatula flatten out.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool.
- Store the remaining cookies in the lidded container.
Want More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
Since cookies are an easy dessert that just about everyone loves, you will want to try these other cookie recipes. Each one of these cookie recipes features it own delicious flavors and it makes each cookie special.
Ultimate Turtle Cookies – Filled with chocolate flavors, with pecans and caramel, these ultimate turtle cookies are everything you can want in a cookie. Delicious and rich, these fudgy cookies are perfect.
Chewy Lemon Cookies –If you are looking for the very best chewy lemon cookies ever, this is the recipe you are craving. I love lemon cookies any time of year, but I especially love them as spring is starting. If you love chewy cookies, you need this recipe.
Graham Cracker S’mores Cookies – You’ve never had such an indulgent treat as these S’mores Cookies! They are soft, chewy, and filled with Hershey’s chocolate, toasty marshmallows, and chocolate chips.