Oven Roasted Turnips with Thyme and Parmesan are an easy, tasty side dish as a much healthier alternative to roasted potatoes!
- 8 oz. Turnips (peeled and cut into smaller slices)
- ½ tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Butter (melted)
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- 3–4 Sprigs of fresh Thyme
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Place your peeled and cut turnips into a bowl, and add in the olive oil.
- Add the melted butter to your bowl.
- Sprinkle in salt to taste.
- Add the nutmeg to the mixture in the bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients well, and place the turnips into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese to taste, and top the turnips with 3-4 fresh sprigs of thyme.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the turnips are browned on top and fork tender.
- Serving Size: 2-3
- Calories: 324