Looking for breakfast bar ideas? This is the perfect on the go breakfast. This PB&J Breakfast Bars Recipe makes the perfect peanut butter breakfast bars.
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1/2 C salted peanuts
- 1 C strawberry jam
- 1 C crunchy peanut butter
- 7 x 11 inch baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper, leave an overhang
- Add butter, peanut butter, and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Beat till a smooth with a hand mixer on medium.
- Next, add in the egg and vanilla
- Continue to beat until all ingredients are well blended
- Then, add the flour, baking powder, and salt in the peanut butter mixture.
- Stir with a large spoon or spatula, until all ingredients are blended
- Divide the batter, 3/4 of the batter in one bowl and 1/4 in a separate bowl.
- Press 3/4 of the batter into the bottom of the pan
- Place the strawberry jam on top of the batter and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 batter on top of the strawberry jam
- Sprinkle the salted peanuts on top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Set baking pan aside until completely cooled
- Lastly cut into bars and ENJOY!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: breakfast bars