If you love pico de gallo salsa you are going to absolutely love this recipe. This recipe takes the healthy ingredients of Pico de Gallo Salsa and adds an additional healthy and filling ingredient: Sweet Potatoes. This unique dish is sure to be something you’ll love.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (washed, and peeled)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 small can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small can of yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped small
- 2 jalapeños, diced seeds removed
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the potatoes in half, and then slice into small cubes.
- Place the sweet potato cubes on the baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as needed.
- Bake for about 25-30 mins or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, black beans, corn, jalapeños, and onions.
- Toss to combine.
- When the potatoes are done, set them to the side.
- They need to cool down to room temperature.
- Once cooled toss to combine.
- Add the lime juice, garlic and olive oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Category: dside dish
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pico de gallo salsa