This Easy Creamy Potato Soup is the best crockpot potato soup you will ever make! It’s loaded with cheese for a deliciously creamy and filling bacon and potato soup. You’ll never need another soup recipe again.
- 4–5 medium russet potatoes, chopped into 1–2 inch pieces
- (2) 14 oz. cans chicken broth
- (1) 10.5 oz. can cheddar cheese soup
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In your crockpot, add chicken broth, cheddar cheese soup, potatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Cook on low, 4-6 hours, or 3-3 ½ hours on high.
- Once there are 30 minutes left on your cook time, use a potato masher to mash up about ½ of the potatoes in the crockpot. Then, in a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter. Once butter is melted, slowly whisk in flour.
- Then, whisk in half and half. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture begins to thicken. Add half and half mixture to the crockpot. Also, stir in sour cream and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Stir occasionally during the last 30 minutes of cook time to incorporate all the ingredients.
Once finished, serve warm and top with extra shredded cheese, bacon, and green onions.