Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake is a tasty way to kickstart your morning. Layers of pumpkin spice, pecans and more topped with a sweet glaze. Serve up this pumpkin coffee cake today.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 packages dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 eggs, separated, reserve the egg whites
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- Heat butter and milk over low on stovetop until butter has melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and beat in the egg yolk. Blend in the cooled milk mixture.
- Sift in the flour, salt and Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, blend together pumpkin, sugar and seasonings in a small sauce pan over medium low heat. Stir on stove top until thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces and dust each with flour. Roll out (one at a time) to make an 18-inch Pour half of the pumpkin filling onto the dough and spread out over the dough. Top with ½ the pecans and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Carefully place into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Repeat with the second half and carefully place that half on the other side of the pan, overlapping the first half.
- Place on stovetop and let rise for 30 minutes while preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert to a cake plate. Drizzle with a cream cheese or vanilla glaze.
Serve fresh for best results or reheat slices in microwave for 30 seconds prior to serving to retain moistness.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: coffee cake, pumpkin spice coffee cake, pumpkin coffee cake