Looking for a twist on a classic root beer float? Wait until you try these Root Beer Float White Chocolate Chip Cookies! Great for holidays, parties or bake sales, these root beer float cookies are perfection.
- 1 C unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 large egg (room temp)
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 T + 2 tsp root beer extract
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips to roll dough balls in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with your electric mixer cream butter and sugars together.
- Add the egg to the butter/sugar mixture.Continue to beat the combination of the butter, sugar, and egg mixture until fluffy.
- Combine the milk, vanilla, and root beer extract together.
- Add the milk mixture to the combination in the large bowl.
- In a different bowl whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- Add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda.
(If the cookie dough feels dry add it a little more milk approx. 1 tsp)
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Make sure that the chips are thoroughly blended.
- Using an ice cream scoop to create your dough balls.
- Roll the dough into a ball.
- Roll the dough in a bowl with the white chocolate chips.
- Coat the dough balls with white chocolate chips.
- Place the dough on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie pan for about 5 minutes.
- Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: white chocolate chip cookies