Looking for a Simple Bolognese Recipe? This Low Carb Simple Bolognese Recipe is everything you are looking for and more. Easy to make and absolutely delicious, you are going to love this low carb bolognese recipe.
- 2 lb. Ground beef
- 1 Carrot peeled and diced
- 1 Stalk of celery diced
- 1 Small onion diced
- 2 (14.5 oz) Cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. Basil
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Bay leaves
- ½ c. Red cooking wine
- 3 Cloves garlic
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat on the stove.
- When the oil is hot, add in the onion, celery and carrot. Stir often, and cook until the vegetables are a crisp tender.
- Add in the ground beef, and brown completely. Pour off any excess grease.
- Mix in ½ cup of red cooking wine, and cook down until it is almost completely absorbed.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of basil, 2 bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine the ingredients well.
- Toss in 3 cloves of garlic, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low, and mix in 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Simmer the sauce on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, and serve the sauce garnished with Parmesan cheese on your favorite low-carb noodle substitute.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Simple Bolognese Recipe