Start your day with this Simple Scone Recipe With Peanut Butter Chips, and you are bound to have a good day. They are soft, tender, and positively delicious.
For the Scones:
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus 1-4 tablespoons
- 2 cups peanut butter baking chips
For the Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process with six 1-second pulses.
- Remove cover of food processor and sprinkle the butter evenly over the dry ingredients. Cover and process with 12 1-second pulses. Transfer contents to a large bowl.
- Stir heavy cream into the flour mixture, adding up to 2 additional tablespoons of heavy cream just until moistened. Fold in peanut butter chips and knead the dough by hand 6 to 8 times (do not overprocess or scones will be tough) then turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands press each half of dough into a 7-inch round. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 6 wedges. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place wedges on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until tops of scones are a lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before glazing.
- While the scones are cooling, make peanut butter glaze. In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter until smooth. Drizzle glaze over scones and serve.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american