Looking for an amazing Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon Recipe? If you crave the rich taste of Beef Bourguignon, then this is the recipe you need.
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup red wine (a dry wine is ideal)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 6 small yellow onions, sliced in half
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 8 ingredients and stir to cover meat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, drain the marinade from the meat, but reserve.
- Saute bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Remove bacon and then brown the stew meat in the bacon fat.
- When just browned, remove from the skillet and transfer into slow cooker. Add in the onions, mushrooms, garlic and bacon. Pour marinade over the meat and vegetables.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low temperature for 8 hours.
Keywords: Beef Bourguignon Recipe