These Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteaks are the easiest, most flavorful homemade Philly cheesesteak sandwiches you’ll ever make! Better than takeout!
- 1/2 medium white onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 2 lbs. skirt steak or sirloin steak
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cups beef stock/broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- hoagie rolls, mayonnaise, and provolone cheese, for serving
- Combine onions, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a slow cooker.
- Stir around and add in butter and steak. Season meat with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add sliced mushrooms and green bell peppers to the slow cooker. Pour beef broth and soy sauce over everything, reserving 1/2 cup of the beef broth for later.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours (alternately, you can cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours), being sure to toss and add the other 1/2 cup beef broth about halfway through the cook time.
- Turn off heat or set to warm and stir in chopped parsley.
- To serve, spread mayonnaise on each hoagie roll and load it up with the steak mixture.
- Top with cheese, wrap in foil, and bake at 400 for about 5-10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
8 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smartpoints (6 servings)
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: slow cooker philly cheesesteak, philly cheesesteak, slow cooker beef recipe