Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Potatoes are an easy pork chop recipe and a true comfort food meal the entire family will love.
- 8 thick-cut pork loin chops
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk or chicken broth
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon. Set bacon aside when done and increase heat under skillet to medium-high.
- Salt and pepper both sides of pork chops. Add to skillet with the bacon grease in small batches browning slightly on both sides. Do not overcook or pork chops will be dry.
- Meanwhile, spray crock with non-stick cooking spray. Add a short layer of sliced potatoes and add a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Repeat layers until all potatoes are in the slow cooker crock.
- Add the pork chops to the slow cooker over the potatoes.
- Carefully remove excess grease from the skillet but do not clean. Add butter. When the butter melts, stir in flour and bring to a bubble, stirring constantly. Slowly add your choice of milk or chicken broth, whisking constantly for about 1 minute as the mixture thickens slightly. Stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour the gravy mixture over the pork chops. It will sink into the potatoes as the dinner cooks.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Do not overcook or pork chops will be dry.
- When done, remove lid and sprinkle with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon (if desired). Replace lid until cheese melts. Serve.