Enjoy a bite of these lemon sugar cookies. Every bite of these soft lemon cookies is incredible. Make this lemon cookie recipe for showers, parties, and events.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add lemon zest, egg, vanilla extract and lemon juice; beat at medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Place the ½ cup sugar for rolling in a shallow bowl. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball, roll the ball in the sugar, and then place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart
- Bake until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges and their center are just set and very lightly colored, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets about 2 minutes; using a wide metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Source: Two Peas and Their Pod
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: lemon sugar cookies, lemon cookie recipe, easy lemon cookies, soft lemon cookies, homemade lemon cookies