Looking for a simple cheesecake bars recipe? Wait until you try these Spice Cake Cheesecake Bars Recipe. So good and so easy to make, this is a great fall dessert recipe.
Easy Spice Cake Cheesecake Bars
I love fall flavors for dessert. There is so much more than just pumpkin, although, believe me, I am not knocking the pumpkin flavor. I love anything that brings out all of the fall flavors and this dessert, filled with spice cake, is another excellent choice for fall. This isn’t just another spice cake, however, this is Spice cake cheesecake bars. Delicious cheesecake mixed with spice cake makes this one of the most amazing desserts.
Do I have to use Spice Cake Mix?
This is an easy recipe to make spice cake cheesecake bars because most of the flavors are already in the spice cake. If you can not find spice cake mix or want to change the spices a bit, you can use a white or yellow cake mix. You will want to add in a spice blend of your own, whether it is a prepackaged one or your favorite homemade spice cake flavors. You can also use a homemade spice cake recipe, just do not add the wet ingredients. Only use the “mix” part of the homemade cake.
How to Store Cheesecake Bars
When you are storing these cheesecake bars you want to make sure to keep them in the refrigerator. These cheesecake bars can not be left out at room temperature. Normally, cake is best at room temperature but the cream cheese in the cheesecake part of this dessert will spoil if left out of the refrigerator for too long. Make sure to cover the cheesecake bars in the refrigerator.
How Long Does Spice Cake Recipe with Cheesecake Layer Last
When you store this cake properly, in the refrigerator and covered, it will last up to 3-4 days. It is important that the cake be stored in the refrigerator or it will spoil. To keep the cheesecake bars protected, store in an air tight container or covered in plastic wrap.
Can I Freeze Spice Cake Bars?
The Spice Cake Bars will 3-4 days in the refrigerator. If you find that you will not be able to finish all of the bars before they spoil, you can store them in the freezer. The best way to freeze them is to cut the individual pieces. Then freeze them on a baking sheet or plate. Once frozen, put them in a freezer bag. Freezing them like this lets you take a few bars out at a time rather than all of them at once. This is great to have a bar here and there and not let them all spoil together.
Tips for a Creamy Cheesecake Recipe Filling
When it comes cheesecake, whether it is for a cheesecake filling or a cheesecake itself, you have to make sure it is smooth and creamy. Otherwise, it takes away from the deliciousness. There are easy ways to make sure that the cheesecake filling is creamy.
- Start with room temperature cream cheese– When the cream cheese is soft, it mixes much better. Almost every recipe that calls for cream cheese will tell you to make sure it is softened cream cheese.
- Use a Mixer or r a blender– When you use a mixer or a blender, the cream cheese get beaten and it creates a creamy filling. It is also easier to mix together the ingredients with the mixer.
- Add the Liquids Slowly– Anything that is like a liquid, whether an actual liquid or egg, the best way to incorporate them together is to add it slowly. For this recipe, you will be adding 2 eggs. Add one egg then let it mix together thoroughly before adding the next egg. Add the butter into the batter slowly as well. Let each stage mix together well before adding the next ingredient.
Ingredients for Spice Cake Recipe with Cheesecake Layer
- spice cake mix
- sweet cream butter
- cream cheese
- powder sugar
- vanilla extract
How to Make Spice Cake Cheesecake Bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place parchment paper into the bottom of the baking dish
Using a large mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix, melted butter, and egg together until combined
Press dough into the baking dish
Using another large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth
Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined
Beat in the melted butter and vanilla until combined
Gradually add in the powdered sugar and mix until combined
Pour the filling over the crust
Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the edges are firm but the middle still jiggles slightly
Cool completely before enjoying!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 - 15.25 oz box of spice cake mix
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 1 large eggs
- 1 - 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 C powder sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place parchment paper into the bottom of the baking dish
- Using a large mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix, melted butter, and egg together until combined
- Press dough into the baking dish
- Using another large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined
- Beat in the melted butter and vanilla until combined
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar and mix until combined
- Pour the filling over the crust
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the edges are firm but the middle still jiggles slightly
- Cool completely before enjoying!
makes 1 9x13 baking dish
More Fall Dessert Recipes
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe – These fantastic and scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect for fall weather! Every single bite is utterly delicious and hits the spot when you are craving all things pumpkin.
Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – Easy and delicious, this Instant Pot apple cake will knock your socks off! This apple cake has just the right amount of cinnamon, and Granny Smith diced apples.
Pumpkin Bread with maple icing – This pumpkin bread recipe is an easy pumpkin bread that’s great for sharing…if you can stop yourself from eating the entire loaf yourself!
Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcake – These pumpkin caramel latte cupcakes combine two of fall’s most popular flavors and taste phenomenal. You will be in food heaven when you bite into the moist cupcakes and taste the cinnamon frosting and caramel drizzle.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – This flavorful pumpkin spice coffee cake is a yummy treat just in time for all the fall weather that’s coming. Once you taste this pumpkin coffee cake, you will feel like you are living in food heaven.