Forget boring oatmeal recipes! You can easily make this mouthwatering Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe instead. It’s PACKED with lots of flavor,s and the texture is out of this world.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, gently rinsed and dried, hulled and sliced, divided
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium banana, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine oats, salt, 1/3 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, half of the walnuts, half of chocolate chips and half of the strawberry slices. Arrange the remaining strawberries, walnuts and chocolate on top of the oats. Then, scatter the banana slices; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, orange zest, butter, and egg. Pour over oat mixture. Gently shake the baking dish to help distribute the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove the oatmeal from the oven and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Turn the broiler on and place the oatmeal back in the oven. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the brown sugar melts. Serve warm.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american