Fresh strawberry pound cake has fresh strawberries and fluffy cake in every bite. I am going to show you how to make strawberry glaze that’s out of this world amazing too!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup smashed strawberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a second bowl, mix the wet ingredients: greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract and oil.
- Add the sugar to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined.
- Fold in the diced strawberries to your batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Once baked, remove from oven to cool.
- Combine the smashed strawberries and powdered sugar to form a glaze.
- Pour over the cooled pound cake.
- Allow to set before serving.