Want a special treat for breakfast? Wait until you try this Sweet Breakfast Bake with Chocolate Croissants. This is better than any store-bought pastry you could buy.
- 12+ Pre-baked Mini croissants
- 1 bag Mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 ½ c. Whole milk½ c. Evaporated milk
- 8 Large eggs
- ½ c. Brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla
- Tear the croissants into bite sized pieces.
- Layer half of the croissant pieces into the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour half of a bag of mini chocolate chips evenly over the top of the croissant pieces.
- Cut 4 ounces of cream cheese into 12 cubes. Layer the cubes of cream cheese in rows on top of the croissant pieces in the baking dish.
- Top the cream cheese with another layer of bite sized pieces of croissants, and the remaining half of a bag of mini chocolate chips.
- In a mixing bowl, crack and whisk together 8 large eggs.
- Add 1 ½ cups of whole milk to the mixing bowl with the eggs.
- Pour in ½ cup of canned evaporated milk.
- Sprinkle in ½ cup of brown sugar.
- Add in ¼ of a teaspoon of salt.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of vanilla.
- Stir all of the ingredients together in the bowl, and pour evenly over top of the croissant mixture in the baking dish. Cover and refrigerate the casserole overnight.
- Remove the baking dish from the fridge in the morning, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through and browned on top.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: French