Do you love Apple Spice Cake? Wait until you try this cake! This is a moist apple cake that is topped with cinnamon frosting and is so good, you will want to eat the whole thing.
- 3/4 C unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar (light)
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 4 lrge eggs (room temp)
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 C apple cider (room temp)
- 1/2 C whole milk (room temp)
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 5–7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBSP. cinnamon
- 1 large piping bag with large round tip
- 8 in round cake pans (3
- Baking spray
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Medium bowl
Cake Leveling tool
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep the round cake pans with baking spray,
- Add the butter, both sugars, oil, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl on medium high speed. Mixing together for about 4-5 minutes. (Or until light, fluffy and combined.)
- Add the eggs one at a time. Mix until mostly combined after each addition. Using a rubber spatula scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice to a bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- Reduce the mixer speed down to its lowest speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients to batter.
- Pour in the apple cider and the milk .Mix on low speed until the batter is just combined.
- Carefully divide batter into the three cake pans making sure they are even.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes. (Or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.)
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Flip the pans one at a time to remove the cake from the pans onto cooling racks. Allow cake layers tocome to room temperature.
- Using a cake leveling tool shave off the top of the top of each cake.
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix on medium speed until combined and smooth. Transfer the bottom layer to a cake stand.
Frost each layer and gently stack them on top of each other. Lightly frost the sides of the cake. Drizzle caramel sauce on the edge of the top and sides of the cake. Insert the frosting tip into the pastry bag. Scoop the remaining frosting into frosting bag. Make large dollops of frosting on the edges around the cake. Place thinly sliced apple pieces on the frosting dollops.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: apple spice cake