This Tomato and Watermelon Salad may scream “summer” but it’s a refreshing side salad or light lunch any time of the year!
- 3 c. Tomatoes
- 3 c. Watermelon chunks
- ½ a Cucumber
- 6 oz. Herbed feta cheese
- ⅛ c. Olive oil
- ¼ c. Red wine vinegar
- Fresh chopped basil
- Salt to taste
- Begin by slicing a variety of different tomatoes into small wedges. You will need 3 cups total. The visual appeal of this salad is better when using a variety of shapes and colors of tomatoes. Place the sliced tomatoes into a large mixing or serving bowl.
- Slice the watermelon chunks into smaller pieces, and add them to the bowl with the sliced tomatoes.
- Cut ½ of a cucumber into small chunks, and add those to the mixing bowl as well.
- Pour 6 ounces of herbed feta cheese into the mixture, and combine well.
- Into a small bowl, pour the olive oil.
- Add the red wine vinegar into the small bowl with the olive oil, and whisk to combine them well.Pour the mixed vinaigrette over the tomato and watermelon mixture in the large mixing/serving bowl, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle some fresh chopped basil onto the salad and add salt to taste if desired.
- Calories: 109