Whether you’re trying to lose a few pounds after the holidays or just want to give your body a healthy jumpstart, this Weight Loss Vegetable Soup is for you.
- 1 c. Chopped carrots
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 c. Chopped cabbage
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 Bell Peppers chopped
- 1 c. Green Beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can Diced tomatoes 28 oz.
- 2 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 2 Bay leaves
- 6 c. Beef broth
- 2 c. Zucchini sliced
- 2 c. Broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the onions and garlic to a large pot over medium heat. Add a tad of olive oil to the pot, and cook until the onions have begun to soften.
- Pour the cabbage, green beans and carrots into the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the bell pepper, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, basil, bay leaves and beef broth into the pot. Cook for 5-6 more minutes until the vegetables have softened further.
- Add zucchini and broccoli florets to the pot and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
1 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smartpoints
- Serving Size: 4