Here is my favorite Classic Guacamole recipe with ripe avocados, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and lime. I have fallen in love with the cookbook, The New Best Recipe, I have made several different recipes from the book and have had nothing but rave reviews. There are so many mouth-watering recipes that it will make your head spin. As I was looking through the book, I stumbled upon this recipe. I love avocados and I think that guacamole is one of the best appetizers to go with any Mexican food-so of course it was on my list to make! I made this delicious appetizer for dinner yesterday to go with Chipotle Bean Burritos. This duo is one of my favorite dinners to make because it is so quick and easy. No matter how busy you are, you can easily fit in this crowd-pleasing dinner. Be careful though, guacamole is one appetizer that is very addicting-you can’t have just one chip full.
- 3 medium, ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons juice from 1 lime
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, salt, and cumin; set aside.
- Halve one of the avocados, remove pit, and scoop flesh into the bowl with the onion and garlic. Mash lightly with a fork until just combined.
- Halve and pit remaining avocados by holding 1 half steady in a dish towel, make 1/2-inch crosshatch incisions in flesh with a dinner knife, cutting down to but not through skin. Insert a spoon between flesh and skin and gently scoop avocado cubes into bowl with mashed avocado mixture; repeat with remaining halves.
- Sprinkle lime juice over diced avocado and mix entire contents of bowl lightly with fork until combined but still chunky. Adjust seasoning with salt, if necessary, and serve.
Source: The New Best Recipe