25 Super Bowl Recipes for Super Bowl XLVI

Photo Source: Jason Lavengood

With the Super Bowl only 5 days away have you thought of what food you are going to serve? If you haven’t decided what you are going to make for the big game I’ve got you covered. I have chosen 25 of my favorite football friendly recipes. From finger foods, dips, main dishes and dessert; the hardest part will be deciding which recipes to make! ;) Although our team (the Indianapolis Colts) didn’t make it to the Super Bowl this year, I will still be watching on Sunday. I think that it is so awesome that the big game is in Indianapolis this year. As some of my longtime followers might know, we called Indy home for 5 years. I wish we were still living there to enjoy the festivities, although my crowd hating husband would disagree. Even if you aren’t a football fan you can still enjoy these tasty recipes. Who will you be cheering on this coming Sunday?

Photo Source: Indianapolis Super Bowl

One Year Ago: Roasted Banana Bars with Browned-Butter Frosting

Super Finger-Foods for Super Bowl XLVI:

Buffalo Chicken Bites

These bite-sized Buffalo Chicken Bites are oven baked, not fried, so not only do they taste great, but are so much healthier for you. They are super easy to make and can even be prepared beforehand if you are hosting a big Superbowl party.

Pizza Pretzel Bites

Pretzel bites stuffed with mozzarella and pepperoni. You can stuff these the night before and place them in the refrigerator. When you are ready to make just let them rise on the counter while you boil the water and preheat the oven. Just boil, bake and serve.

Mini Corn Dogs

Bite-sized hot dogs dipped in cornbread batter and fried to golden perfection.

Corned Beef and Cabbage Rolls:

Egg rolls filled with corned beef, shredded cabbage, potato and Monterey Jack cheese.  Serve with 1000 island dressing as a dipping sauce

Beer Battered Fried Pickles:

Warm, crunchy, beer battered pickles served with a ranch dipping sauce.

Fried Mozzarella Sticks:

This easy appetizer uses mozzarella sticks to make the perfect bite for Superbowl parties.

Buffalo Wings:

Football just isn’t football without some buffalo wings! Sink your teeth into these crispy, crunchy, lightly breaded wings bathed in hot sauce and served with homemade a creamy blue cheese.

Ultimate Spicy Beef Nachos:

Loaded nachos has to be one of my favorite football snacks. Not only are they super easy to make, but they are always a crowd favorite. Spicy beef, refried beans, and jalapenos are loaded onto tortilla chips, topped with a mound of pepper jack cheese and baked until warm and bubbly.

Super Main Dishes for Super Bowl XLVI

Slow Roasted Pulled Pork:

Tender, flavorful melt in your mouth pulled pork that is slow roasted for up to 12 hours.

Sloppy Joes:

Sloppy Joes are a quick and easy one-pan meal all of your party guests will love. They are easy to make, serve and eat while cheering on your favorite team.

Brisket Quesadillas with Mango Barbecue Sauce:

Pan fried quesadillas filled with slow-cooked brisket, topped with mango barbecue, sliced brie and shredded Monterey Jack Cheese. These quesadillas are super easy to make, just place the brisket in the slow cooker and when it is done all you have to do is assemble and pan fry.

Cuban Street Tacos:

Seasoned pork is slow roasted in a citrus marinade of lime and orange juices then removed from the pot to reduce and thicken the marinade into a thick, syrupy glaze. The glaze is then poured over the roasted pork and broiled until lightly crisped and caramelized.

Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos:

Packed with shredded chicken, salsa, spices and two types of cheese. They are quick, delicious and so easy to make.

Texas Chili:

Big chunks of beef, spices, chipotle chiles and beans are simmered together to make an incredible chili that your guests will be talking about for weeks! Although the cooking time is well over several hours, the slow cooker does all the work! That means you will have more time to watch every play and spend with your guests.

Super Dips for Super Bowl XLVI:

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

This warm dish of creamy spinach, tender artichokes, and melted Parmesan cheese is sure to be a hit at your Superbowl party. This recipe can be made the day before and baked just before serving. Serve with toasted bread or tortilla chips for a crowd pleasing appetizer.

Queso Blanco Dip

This recipe is so quick and easy you can have it on your table in less than 10 minutes! You can adjust the heat to your liking by adding more jalapenos and Tabasco sauce.

Mexican Lasagna Chip Dip:

It is one my absolute favorite dips ever! It is super easy to make. Saute the beef and onion together, mix in the rest of the ingredients, throw in a baking dish, and bake until bubbly-seriously, easy!

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus:

Hummus only requires a few ingredients and about five minutes to make. It pairs wonderfully with fresh vegetables, pita bread, and pita chips.  This is one snack that you don’t have to feel guilty about!

Super Desserts for  Super Bowl XLVI:

Samoas Cookie Bars:

Buttery shortbread crust smothered in caramel and coconut, dipped in chocolate, and then finished with a drizzling of chocolate stripes.

Graham Cracker S’mores Cookies:

Graham Cracker S’mores Cookies with a graham cracker base, topped with a chocolate chip marshmallow cookie and chopped Hershey’s bars on top. If you are a fan of  s’mores, watch out! These are incredible!

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies:

Soft and chewy peanut butter sandwich cookies filled with an addicting peanut butter filling. Not too big and not too small, just the perfect size!

Peanut Butter Cup Caramel Corn:

If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate, you just have to give this recipe a try. Trust me!

Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars:

A buttery graham cracker crust is smeared with a creamy cheesecake layer and topped off with large chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough. With three layers of deliciousness these are sure to be a hit!

Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies:

Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies with three layers of rich and decadent goodness! A rich, fudgy, deep dark chocolate brownie with a delicious peanut butter filling that is topped off with a decadent chocolate ganache.

Triple Chocolate Espresso Brownies:

Rich and fudgy brownies with a shiny, tissue-thin crackly top.

Super Bowl 46 in Indianapolis, Indiana

Photo Source: Do It Indy

Here’s to a good game on Sunday! If you try any of these Super Bowl recipes I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Drop me a comment and let me know here or you can even upload a picture over on the Facebook Fan Page for Sweet Pea’s Kitchen! :D

136 Responses to “25 Super Bowl Recipes for Super Bowl XLVI”

Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide — January 31, 2012 @ 11:04 am

Oh I didn’t remember the corned beef and cabbage rolls. Everything looks so great.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 31, 2012 @ 11:09 am

Well I’d like my game to include every one of those recipes!

Chica Andaluza — January 31, 2012 @ 11:27 am

Wow – what a round up. I could eat one of everything, especially the savoury things!

Elisabeth — January 31, 2012 @ 11:42 am

I was glad to see that the pizza pretzel bites made the cut! They are on my list too! As well as the triple chocolate espresso brownies!! I’m looking forward to Sunday!

ChgoJohn — January 31, 2012 @ 11:44 am

This is one, great round-up! This will come in handy on Sunday, to be sure, but on any game day throughout the year. Thanks!

Judy@Savoring Today — January 31, 2012 @ 11:48 am

Christina, what a great line-up! We were just talking about what we would do for a little something sweet–I’m thinkin’ the Peanut Butter Cup Caramel Corn is the ticket!

brenda — January 31, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

everything looks delicious and I am trying to print the recipes how come I can’t?

• Christina replied: — January 31st, 2012 @ 1:29 pm

Brenda,
      Just click on the name of the recipe that you want to print. It will take you to the recipe and there you will find the printer friendly link. :)

cravesadventure — January 31, 2012 @ 1:00 pm

What a feast for the eyes – I need a snack now:) Thanks for sharing!

kat — January 31, 2012 @ 1:20 pm

YUM! They all look so good!

juniakk @ mis pensamientos — January 31, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

wow i love this round up sweet pea. you are the ultimate party host. thanks for the post :).

Rach @ This Italian Family — January 31, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

Thanks for these ideas! Going to check out a couple of them right now! :)

hotlyspiced — January 31, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

I’m speechless! What a line-up. So many amazing choices. I think I’d choose the buffalo wings, the nachos and the pulled pork with the brownies and the peanut butter cookies. Perfect for a night in front of the TV!

lookingforpemberley — January 31, 2012 @ 6:06 pm

Wow- I needed inspiration, but had no idea that I would get so much! I couldn’t afford to make them all at once (checkbook or calorie-wise), but how amazingly delicious they all look. The fried pickles and the moz sticks look awesome, as do the dips! hmmmm… now it will just be a matter of choosing which one to make.

Michael Ann — January 31, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

Best post EVER! I want to make everything!!

Dana — January 31, 2012 @ 7:58 pm

were is the corn bread??? using your recipe for sunday )

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) — January 31, 2012 @ 8:02 pm

Yum, I’ll take two of everything, ha! The samoas bars look great.

livingth3sw33tlife — January 31, 2012 @ 8:06 pm

Your round-up is making me drool …. big time!! Would it be far too much, if I wanted all of it?? I figured since I know nothing about actual football – - I might as well eat as much football related snacks as possible ;) lol

Simply Tia — January 31, 2012 @ 9:51 pm

Wonderful ideas. In October I tried your recipe for buffalo chicken bites – they were amazing!!! I’ll have to pick a few more items from this list to make again soon!

thekalechronicles — January 31, 2012 @ 11:47 pm

Wow. So many options. I’m liking the Cuban street tacos for citrus season. I’d have to run through the desserts again to pick the best one.

veghotpot — February 1, 2012 @ 4:14 am

three words – nom nom nom!!! :)

Laura Belfiore — February 1, 2012 @ 10:43 am

Although they all sound yummy….I think I will try the pretzel bites, and the mini corndogs (one of my husbands favorites). Stumbled across this site when I got an email about Lofthouse Style Cookies. My sister loves them except for the sprinkles, so she wont buy them. She is an excellant cook and baker though, so I have already sent it to her! Thanks soooooo much!

22. Pingback: Heartland Oatmeal Turtle Bars | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Erin — February 1, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

I want it all!

Monica @ The Yummy Life — February 1, 2012 @ 3:27 pm

LOVE EVERYTHING! So much that I just linked to this in my post of Super Bowl recipes.

losangelas — February 1, 2012 @ 5:38 pm

Wow! you can have a serious party with all this on your buffet!
    My favorite is the Peanut Butter Cup Caramel Corn, def gonna try that one!
    THANKS!

Shumaila — February 1, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

All of the recipes look sooooo good. Bookmarking the page. Hope to try some soon for the super bowl! Thanks for sharing!

alisueonthemove — February 2, 2012 @ 6:43 am

Reblogged this on alisueonthemove and commented:
    I dont’ even know where to start! Thank you so much!

joehoover — February 2, 2012 @ 10:55 am

I know nothing about American Football, but I want to eat all of this

John — February 2, 2012 @ 10:56 am

My mouth is watering. It just so happens that I’m having the corned beef and cabbage egg rolls this weekend.

Mikalee Byerman — February 2, 2012 @ 10:59 am

Those baked buffalo chicken bites look absolutely amazing — love love LOVE that they’re not fried! :)

DCM — February 2, 2012 @ 11:00 am

My mouth is watering badly! Corned Beef and Cabbage rolls please!

aFrankAngle — February 2, 2012 @ 11:07 am

Very good … and I’m easy to please with the corn dogs, pulled pork, and the chocolate … and some red wine.

Carlie Chew — February 2, 2012 @ 11:11 am

Yumm! All of the recipes look delicious. I swear I look forward to the food more than the game.

jasperwrites — February 2, 2012 @ 11:16 am

That all looks amazing and I am totally trying the taquitos and buffalo chicken bites, sloppy joes look great too.

customtripplanning — February 2, 2012 @ 11:18 am

I think you have an evil streak….tempting everyone with such yummies! LOL

mycoignofvantage — February 2, 2012 @ 11:19 am

Oh the calories! It all looks too good to eat!

Rae — February 2, 2012 @ 11:24 am

I’m not a fan of football, but I am a fan of finger food! Looks delicious!

losangelas — February 2, 2012 @ 11:25 am

congrats on making freshly pressed!

rastelly — February 2, 2012 @ 11:31 am

Penut butter truffel – cookie dough cheese cake -
    Breaded chicken in creamy ranch – chips and dip -
    Hot – damn!
    I only watched one superbowl – the one where the
    new orleans Saints made their historic victory “Who
    Dat!” There was a joke in my town where a man went
    to hell and had no problem with the heat. So the Devil
    locked him in a room that was ice cold. He stood
    up and cheered. The Devil asked him why. He said -
    “It’s freezin’ in hell! The Saints must have won a
    game!” ;)

TEES AND MORE — February 2, 2012 @ 11:37 am

Reblogged this on TEES AND MORE and commented:
    All these recipes look amazing!!

7theaven — February 2, 2012 @ 11:38 am

My mouth was literally drooling by the time I was halfway done with the photos.

rubiescorner — February 2, 2012 @ 11:46 am

Wow! I am coming back to this to copy down some recipes! This is fantastic. You really worked to get the information to us. Thanks! I’m glad I found this.

I Made You A Mixtape — February 2, 2012 @ 11:58 am

Oh my… is it wrong- even though we dont even get superbowl on this continent- for me to want to make all these? Seriously, I am tempted!

The Simple Life of a Country Man's Wife — February 2, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

this is all looks so good. but i’d be paying for it later! :)

staumeldung — February 2, 2012 @ 12:14 pm

thanks for sharing. as I am German I’ll have to go for the pretzels!!!

happyhippierose — February 2, 2012 @ 12:26 pm

i want to nom this entire post. lovely food pics, they all are tempting!!

47. Pingback: Make Your Super Bowl Party the Place to be on Game Day | The Next Level Events

Nicolle — February 2, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

Getting my recipes together for the Super Bowl was on my to-do list today. These definitely help out a lot and all look delicious (well, I’m not too sure about the fried pickles though). I can’t wait to try!!

Nicolle — February 2, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

Reblogged this on Culture Jaunt and commented:
    Yes, the Super Bowl is just three days away now. As I’m preparing my menu for that wonderful day of football, I came across these delicious recipes and decided to share them with you. I will definitely be choosing a couple and featuring them once I make them. Enjoy!!

fellowfoody — February 2, 2012 @ 12:41 pm