Butternut squash is one of fall’s most versatile vegetables to cook with. You can use this large and hearty squash in savory as well as sweet dishes. Full of fiber, potassium and vitamin A, butternut squash is a healthy ingredient to add to your fall and winter recipes. Here, you’ll find 20 creative recipes that use butternut squash in unique and appetizing ways. From soup to salad, from pasta to chili, from tarts to cakes, you’ll find delectable and scrumptious ways to incorporate this adaptable vegetable into many dishes.
These 20 awesome butternut squash recipes will inspire you to create delectable meals, side dishes, and even desserts that will delight your friends and family.
- This is butternut squash made easy with a Hasselback sliced meal that is visually stunning. These butternut squash halves are so easy to prepare and although the take a while to bake, they are a delicious addition to any autumn meal or Thanksgiving feast Be prepared for compliments to the cook – that’s you!
Hasselback Butternut Squash by How Sweet Eats
- Enchiladas go vegetarian giving this Mexican-inspired dish a tasty flavor of butternut squash, black beans and cheese. The veggie mixture is spiced with cumin and smoky chipotle chili powder which gives this dish a bit of a kick. Delish!
Vegetarian Enchiladas With Butternut Squash by Well Plated
- Butternut squash gets chopped and practically caramelized to deliciousness in this dish. Garlic, leeks and spices combine with the squash and orzo to create a spectacularly flavorful vegetarian meal.
One Pot Orzo with Roasted Butternut Squash by The Cook Report
- This glorious lasagna is perfect for serving during the fall season to celebrate autumn’s bounty of delicious vegetables. Using a creamy white sauce in place of red, this lasagna is full of zesty Parmesan and fontina cheese as well as a bit of spinach. A scrumptious pasta dish!
Butternut Squash Lasagna by Simply Recipes
- Nothing goes better with a beautiful autumn salad of spinach, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds than a few colorful wedges of roasted butternut squash. A simple but filling salad, drizzle it with honey garlic dressing for a tasty finish.
Roasted Butternut Squash Spinach Salad with Goat’s Cheese by Salt And Vinegar
- This slow cooker butternut soup will have your house smelling like fall as it simmers away with its spicy and sweet flavors. When ready to serve, you’ll enjoy the creamy and smooth texture as well as the amazing flavor of the squash, veggies, spices and curry.
Curried Butternut Squash Soup by Little Spice Jar
- The natural sweetness of butternut squash is just perfect for layering with flavors of ginger and maple. This tart is easy to make with a butternut squash puree that sits on a gluten-free crust. This makes a wonderful, healthy and sweet treat for the holidays!
Gluten Free Maple Ginger Butternut Squash Tart by Fearless Dining
- Flaky pastry dough is filled with a savory mixture of butternut squash, leeks and and Gruyere cheese in this buttery delight that’s simple and easy to make.
Butternut Squash, Leek And Gruyere Galette by Flavor The Moments
- This low calorie breakfast bake is full of protein as well as savory veggies making this a perfect morning meal. Make this ahead of time for easy meal planning.
Butternut Squash Breakfast Casserole by Snacking In Sneakers
- Here’s an easy freezer meal to prep ahead of time. When it’s time to bake it, just thaw and dump in a baking dish with a cup of chicken stock and be prepared for a delightful pasta dish when it’s done. Will become a family favorite!
Baked Ravioli With Butternut Squash by Sweet Peas And Saffron
- Featuring red lentils. this hearty turkey-based chili gets a touch of sweetness from the butternut squash, coconut milk and tomato broth. Can easily be made on the stove top or pressure cooker. Make a double batch and save some for another meal.
Butternut Squash and Turkey Chili by Eating Bird Food
- This brown rice risotto recipe takes it to the next level with fried sage coupled with roasted butternut squash. The best part? You can assemble it and bake it in the oven – no need to stand over a stove and stir!
Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto by Cookie And Kate
- This rustic dish is full of deliciousness with apple, sausage and portobello mushrooms stuffed in butternut squash halves and baked to savory perfection. Makes a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday dinners.
Stuffed Butternut Squash with Apple, Sausage and Portobello by Zesty Olive
- The sweetness of butternut squash lends itself to being incorporated into a cake, which makes it perfect for holiday celebrations. Lightly spiced, this cake is iced with a delectable cream cheese frosting.
Butternut Squash Cake by Nellie Bellie
- Here’s a quick and easy vegan side dish to make in your pressure cooker: a warm, spiced and mashed butternut squash recipe. Great for holidays, it makes a sweet and comforting side item.
Instant Pot Butternut Mashed Squash by Berry Maple
- The nutty flavor of butternut is enhanced by fresh sage making this a tasty and aromatic pasta dish. This is a simply one-pot meal that you can have on the table in under 30 minutes!
One Pot Butternut Pasta With Sage by Swirls Of Flavor
- This 30 minute chili is an easy vegan stove top meal. Combine quinoa, butternut squash, black beans and/or pinto beans, along with chipotle peppers for a deliciously zesty one-pot meal.
Butternut Squash Chili by Savory Tooth
- Roasted butternut squash transforms into a decadent and lightly sweet pudding that makes a wonderful dessert in place of pumpkin pie.
Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Pudding by Love And Lemons
- For a sweet treat, pair roasted butternut squash with apple chunks, cherries and walnuts for a tart, tangy and crunchy warm side dish.
Roasted Butternut Squash With Apple, Cherries, And Walnuts by Allergy Free Alaska
- This easy stovetop pasta mac and cheese gets a flavorful boost with the addition of butternut squash puree. Zest it up with a little onion and garlic for good measure and enjoy this awesome dish of cheesy goodness.
Stovetop Butternut Mac And Cheese by Live Eat Learn
Save these hearty butternut squash recipes on Pinterest for later 🙂