Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies exploding with toasted walnuts and chocolate chips. These cookies are incredible and a delicious way to use up your over ripe bananas. The riper the banana the more intense the flavor! These cookies combine two of my favorite things, chocolate chip cookies and banana bread! 🙂
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together flours, salt, and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add egg and vanilla; mix until combined. Mix in banana. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chunks, and walnuts.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 12 to 13 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets on wire rack for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.