Carrot Spice Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Carrot Spice Muffins for the first day of Spring! These unbelievably moist muffins are packed with toasted pecans, carrots, coconut and plump currants. Let me be the first to say I am so happy that spring has arrived! 🙂 This has to be my favorite season. I love hearing the birds chirping, the smell of rain and blooming flowers and the bright green grass.
Everything comes alive in the spring after a long winter and what a long snowy winter it has been. I am looking forward to warm weather, flowers blooming and the beautiful blooming cherry blossom and eastern redbud trees.
Hello spring, it has been too long!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Carrot Spice Muffins
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup currants
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin.
- Spread the pecans onto a baking sheet and place in preheated oven 5-7 minutes until fragrant. Shake the baking sheet halfway through baking so the nuts will toast evenly. Remove nuts from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt. Stir in brown sugar, making sure there are no lumps.
- In a two cup measuring cup, whisk together canola oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Pour over the flour mixture and stir gently to combine, making sure not to overmix. Stir in carrots, coconut, currents, and nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until muffin tops are golden and just firm, about 18-20 minutes, and toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffin pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: Baking: From My Home to Yours