Coconut Chicken with Apricot Sauce is sure to become a favorite at your house. Chicken breasts are rolled in coconut, baked and served with a delicious apricot sauce.
Not only is this chicken taste absolutly incredible, it is also super quick and easy to make. Serve this chicken on a bed of coconut rice and you have one meal you family will beg you to make again and again.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then coat the coconut mixture. Place on the baking sheet. Once all chicken breasts are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with the melted butter. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once halfway.
- To make the apricot sauce, in a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves and the Dijon mustard. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.