Coconut-Lime Berry Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Summer is the season of berries and I feel like I have fully embraced this berry season. Here is one summer berry dessert that I promise you will find yourself making again and again. A triple berry blend of raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries make this tender cake an irresistible summer treat.
This moist Buttermilk Coconut-Lime Berry Cake is packed with shredded coconut, lime zest, lime juice and a shot of rum. The rum gives it a tropical kick, however, you can always substitute with lime juice or orange juice if you do not have it on hand.
This cake is super easy to throw together so you can get back to enjoying your friends and family on these summer nights.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Coconut-Lime Berry Cake
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for baking dish
- 1 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup packed sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest, plus 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups mixed berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- 3 tablespoons amber rum
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and 1 cup sugar on high, scraping down bowl as needed, until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions buttermilk, and beat until combined. Stir in lime zest and juice. Spread batter into prepared dish. Smooth top with a small offset spatula.
- In a medium bowl, toss together 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, berries, and rum. Scatter berry mixture over batter. Bake until cake is golden at edges and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!