I always love to try new recipes for chocolate chip cookies. Nothing’s better than a gooey, chewy, warm from the oven chocolate chip cookie. So when I stumbled upon this recipe that claims to be the “Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie“, I was intrigued. I thought I had already found the perfect chocolate chip cookie, but you didn’t need to twist my arm to try this new recipe! 😉
These cookies have a surprise secret ingredient that I have never seen in a cookie recipe before-cornstarch! The cornstarch keeps the cookies soft and chewy while the extra dose of vanilla gives it a great taste. These cookies have everything you could want in a cookie… soft, chewy, and bursting with melty chocolate chips!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add half of the flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between them. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.