This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Super moist and chocolately muffins bursting with gooey chocolate chips and sweet and tangy raspberries. I was drawn to this recipe as soon as I saw that it called for fresh raspberries.
I am a sucker for any recipe that uses fresh fruit. Of course you can use frozen raspberries, but with all of the fresh raspberries in season right now, why would you? 😉
These muffins give us the perfect excuse to have a little chocolate in the morning! What could be better? 😀
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Double Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, espresso powder and sugar;set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and hand stir until just blended. Gently fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips raspberries.
- Distribute the batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top and bake 18- 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan for five minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!