This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Yesterday I created a Facebook Fan Page for all of my wonderful followers of Sweet Pea’s Kitchen. I love to hear from my fans! 🙂 I think that Facebook is the perfect place to ask for your opinions on upcoming recipes and share some of my favorite cookbooks and cooking tips. If you are not already a fan of Sweet Pea’s Kitchen on Facebook, look us up or click on the “Join Our Group on Facebook Button” in the sidebar and join me on my daily adventures in the kitchen! Check it out and let me know what yummy recipe you would like to see next!
So anyway, on to the scrumptious recipe of the day…Garlic Bread! There is nothing quite like the smell of roasting garlic. I love anything involving bread or garlic, put them together and you have one of my favorite recipes. I have a slight obsession with bread. My husband gets irritated with me when we go out to restaurants and I have devoured the entire bread basket before my meal arrives. I can’t help it, I love bread! 🙂 This recipe is definitely one of my favorites to make, it’s quick, easy, and a crowd pleaser. Serve it up with your next pasta dish or soup.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 3 bulbs garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1 pound loaf Italian bread
- ½ cup butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the tops off of the garlic bulbs so that the tip of each clove is exposed. Drizzle garlic cloves with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until garlic is soft. Remove garlic from oven, unwrap from foil, and let cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Set the oven to broil. Slice the loaf of bread in half horizontally, and place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Squeeze the cloves of garlic from their skins into a medium bowl. Stir in the butter, parsley, and Parmesan cheese until well blended. Spread onto the cut sides of the bread.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, until toasted.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!