This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This gingerbread loaf filled with six seasonal spices and topped with crunchy walnuts is sure to get anyone in the holiday spirit! We always had gingerbread growing up, but it was more of a cake than a loaf bread.
After having the gingerbread loaf at Starbucks one holiday season, I knew I had to make it in my own kitchen. This holiday bread has just the perfect amount of spice. I found that wrapping it in plastic wrap and letting it sit at room temperature overnight intensifies the flavor.
It tastes pretty amazing straight out of the oven, but give it a day wrapped up and watch out!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, molasses, maple syrup and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle walnuts in a 2 1/2-inch-wide strip down center of loaf.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!