This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
The Halloween candy basket has been tempting my husband and me all week. Almost a week after trick-or-treat and we still have a basket full of candy! Instead of sending in all of the extra candy for our coworkers to enjoy, I decided to make them into delicious cookies, brownies, blondies and cookie bars. What’s better than a big, delicious, chewy chocolate chip cookie bar? A big, delicious, chewy chocolate chip cookie bar with your favorite candy thrown in! 😀
These bar cookies are super easy to make; just mix, bake and cut! Thick and chewy cookie bars loaded with chunks of Kit Kat Bars and chocolate chips. Melted butter is the secret to the incredibly chewy texture. Feel free to substitute the Kit Kat Bars for whatever candy you have lying around.
I bet these would be great with Snickers, M&Ms, peanut butter cups, basically any kind of candy. 🙂 Can you really go wrong with throwing candy into a cookie recipe? I didn’t think so! 😉
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Kit Kat Cookie Bars
- 2 1/8 cups bleached all-purpose flour, 10 1/2 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 1/2 sticks, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup light brown sugar, 7 ounces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3 1/2 ounces
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Kit Kat Bars
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Place another piece of parchment paper in the same manner, perpendicular to the first sheet. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugars until combined. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined. Fold in chopped Kit Kat Bars and milk chocolate chips. Transfer to prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake until top is light golden brown, slightly firm to the touch, and edges start pulling away from sides of pan, 27 to 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Remove bars from pan by lifting parchment overhang and transfer to cutting board. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!