Lemon Berry Tarts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
I was so excited when I was looking through the recipes in the book and spotted the Lemon Berry Tarts. Fruit Tarts are one of my favorite desserts to make during the summer months.
They are a simple and elegant way to turn abundant summer fruits into a beautiful dessert. With this recipe you don’t even have to turn on the oven!
That’s right- it is a no bake fruit tart! This gluten free fruit tart has a lemony cashew cream filling that is packed with protein and vitamin C and the delicious no bake tart shell is made from pecans, raisins and cherries. Oh my! 😀
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Lemon Berry Tarts
For the Tart Shell:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
For the Lemon Filling:
For the Apricot Glaze:
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 tablespoon Brandy liqueur
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the metal blade, process pecans, raisins and cherries until finely chopped and mixture starts to stick together. Press mixture into a 6-inch tart pan with a removable bottom; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the apricot preserves in a small saucepan over medium heat until completely melted. Remove from heat and add liqueur and stir until combined. Strain mixture through a fine strainer to remove any fruit lumps. Let cool until it is only slightly warm.
- In a blender place cashews, lemon juice and zest, orange juice and vanilla; slowly blend together. Add coconut palm nectar and water and blend until smooth. Stir in ground chia. Spoon into prepared tart shells. Decorate tart with mixed fresh fruit. Start with the outside edge and work your way towards the middle of the circle. Gently brush a thin layer of apricot glaze on the fruit. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: adapted from Must Have Been Something I Ate