Lemon Cream Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Lemon desserts always grace our table during Easter. To me, nothing says Easter (or spring) more than a lemon dessert. Last Easter I made some lemon bars that disappeared so quickly I wish I had made a double batch! This year I knew that wanted to make those lemon bars again, but I also wanted to try a new lemon bar dessert to bring to dinner.
These tart and tangy lemon cream bars hit the spot. An oatmeal streusel crust is topped with a luscious lemon cream filling then finished off with an oatmeal streusel crumble topping. If you’re a fan of lemon desserts you’ll love these bars!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Lemon Cream Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up the two short sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt lemon zest and butter. Mix until crumbly.
- Press half of the oatmeal mixture into the prepared pan and use your hands or the back of a large wooden spoon to push the crust into an even layer at the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the lemon filling evenly on top of the crust. Sprinkle the reserved oatmeal mixture evenly on top of the filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then cut into squares and serve. The bars can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two days.
- 1 can, 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: adapted from Tasty Kitchen