Lemon Crinkle Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for spring! It’s not like we have even had a bad winter. In fact, we really haven’t had a winter at all. Regardless, I am ready for warmer weather! 🙂
These lemon crinkle cookies really put me in the mood for spring and I know they will put you in the mood as well. These thick and chewy lemon cookies are packed with zingy lemon flavor and rolled in a dusting of powdered sugar. The freshly grated lemon zest and lemon juice produce an incredible lemon flavor that will have you coming back for seconds, or thirds! 😉
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest and beat at medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Place the powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball, roll the ball in the powdered sugar mixture, and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are set in center and begin to crack, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheets for 3 minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!