This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
We continue onto Week 12 of College Football, which means another delicious Football bite! Today the #6 Buckeyes travel to Madison, Wisconsin to take on the Badgers in an exciting Big 10 matchup! I can’t think of a better way to celebrate another Buckeye win then with some poppable mini corn dog muffins!
These little muffins are just like corn dogs, except they’re baked and not fried! I made them using my favorite cornbread recipe, but go ahead and use your own cornbread recipe or even a super quick mix. Either way, these little bites are sure to be a hit at your next party or tailgate. Just make sure you make plenty of them…they disappear fast!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
For the Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cups milk
- 4-5 hot dogs, cut into 1-inch bites
For the Honey Mustard:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray two mini muffin tins with non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and cornmeal; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the flat beater attached, beat together sugar, salt, butter and vanilla until creamy. Stir in the egg, beating until combined. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with the milk. Beat well until blended.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the honey mustard, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Serve with mini corn dogs muffins for dipping.