Get ready to fire up that grill with this fresh and bright Orange Glazed Grilled Chicken. Chicken breasts are marinated in a citrus orange marinade with a spicy kick that pairs perfectly with creamy avocados and warm grilled oranges. Serve with a tossed green salad for a summer meal that can’t be beat!
I am sure I have told you at least once before, but I absolutely love to grill and entertain this time of year! My husband Andrew also likes to grill, but in this household I am the grill master! 😀 It seems like many women I know are hesitant to grill and leave it up to their husbands or boyfriends to do it. So I am wondering, who is the grill master in your house? Is it an equal opportunity grilling house or are you the sole grill master?
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (5-6 ounces each)
- 2 navel oranges, quartered
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 teaspoons roasted sunflower seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, shallots, honey, Dijon mustard and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with 1/2 of the marinade and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Reserve remaining marinade for grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Baste chicken with remaining marinade every few minutes to form a glaze.
- Add oranges to grill during last few minutes of grilling. Heat until grill marks form. Remove chicken and oranges from grill; tent with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Divide avocado slices among four plates. Place chicken on top of avocado slices and sprinkle each chicken breast with 2 teaspoons of sunflower seeds; Serve with grilled oranges.
Source: adapted from Cuisine Lite Fresh and Fabulous