I’m always searching for good muffin recipes to make on Sunday mornings. I like to make a big batch on Sunday and eat them throughout the busy weekday mornings.
It’s so nice to have a delicious muffin ready and waiting for an on-the-go breakfast. These muffins produce a big, thick mushroom-like muffin top that protects the moist center, creating a flavorful and tender crumb.
These breakfast treats can be made year round since it uses raspberry jam. No need to wait for fresh raspberries to make these delicious muffins. You can even play around using different types of jam for a different taste.
For the Muffins:
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-ounce almond paste (3 tablespoons)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 18 teaspoons raspberry jam
For the Coating:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, and almond paste on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in one-half of dry ingredients. Beat in one-third of yogurt. Beat in remaining dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with yogurt, until incorporated.
- Spray a twelve-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray. Fill the muffin cups halfway with batter, make a well in the batter, and drop 1 1/2 teaspoons raspberry jam into each well. Top with remaining batter. Bake until muffins are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Set on wire rack to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and dip in melted butter, then roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture. Serve warm.
Source: The Perfect Recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 63gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 6g