S’More Granola Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
S’more granola bars! What is the first thing that pops into your mind? Is it family camping trips, summer time? Or maybe the thought of a warm delcious graham cracker with a toasted marshmallow and chocolate bar smothered in between? Is there really anyone that does not enjoy s’mores? I mean come on, you can’t go wrong with marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers! Even though the recipe says that it is a granola bar, I would not call it that-instead I would call them a hybrid granola/cookie bar. Now don’t get me wrong, these are absolutely delicious, just not quite a true granola bar. So do not be too upset if you are expecting a true granola bar. I am still searching for the perfect s’more granola bar that tastes like the Quaker one. I love granola bars-they are the perfect on the go food. I take them on hikes, to the gym, to work, and I sometimes have them for breakfast as I am running out the door. I make this recipe for granola bars at least once a week! They are so delicious, my family can’t get enough!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
S’More Granola Bars
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, or crushed digestive biscuits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-by-9-inch square baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats and coconut. Spread onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and ground cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a boil. Cook and stir for a minute, then pour over the oatmeal mixture, stir well making sure all the dry ingredients are coated with the butter mixture.
- Press half of the mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan using a small piece of parchment paper. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled, evenly sprinkle with the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Top with the remaining crust mixture and press gently.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and store at room temperature.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!