This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
The unusual mid 70 degree weather that we had last week really got me in the mood for summer cookouts and grilling. These beef fajitas are perfect on a warm summer night paired with a Mexican beer…or when you are just wishing it was a warm summer night! 😉 My husband and I never get tired of mexican food, you can’t go wrong with all the delicious food.
This easy and delicious recipe comes from Cooking Light and it only gets better the longer you let it marinate! Marinated flank steak tossed with grilled onions and bell peppers are like a fiesta in your mouth! So get that grill fired up and serve these delicious fajitas with guacamole and mexican rice. Olé!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Tex Mex Fajitas
- 1/2 cup bottled chipotle salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 1/4-inch-thick slices red onion (about 1 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 1-pound flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas (fajita style)
- 1/4 cup bottled chipotle salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large resealable bag, combine salsa, lime juice, onion, garlic, bell peppers and flank steak. Seal and marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler. Spray grill rack with cooking spray.
- Remove the steak and vegetables from bag and discard marinade. Place the steak and the vegetables on grill rack and cook 4-7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Cut peppers into thin strips. Cut onion slices in half.
- Divide steak, bell peppers, and onion evenly among tortillas and top each with 1 tablespoon chipotle salsa and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.