Vanilla Glazed Apple Cookies

Delicious apple cookies spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves packed with walnuts and raisins and drizzled with a vanilla icing. I have a ton of apples at my house so I was thinking of what recipes I could make with all of them. I made these cookies a few years ago and remember how big of a hit they were with my co workers. This delicious fruit and nut cookie that is sure to become one of your family’s favorite fall desserts.

Vanilla Glazed Apple Cookies

• 1 cup raisins

Vanilla Glaze:

• 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 to 4 teaspoons milk

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and milk and beat until combined.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts, apple and raisins.
  4. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls two inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks.
  5. To make vanilla glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and milk. Drizzle over warm cookies.

Source: Taste of Home, February/March 2004

This post was featured on the Foodbuzz Top 9!

13 Responses to “Vanilla Glazed Apple Cookies”

Cassandra — October 16, 2010 @ 10:05 am

These are begging to be dipped in a cup of coffee…all those nooks would soak up the coffee. Yum! Would it be possible to substitute butter for the vegetable shortening?

joudie's Mood Food — October 16, 2010 @ 3:15 pm

Cassandra is right. And she is totally reading my mind. Yumm! Looks perfect!

Jennifer @ Maple n Cornbread — October 16, 2010 @ 7:30 pm

These sound SO wonderful and I love the vanilla glaze!

Susi — October 16, 2010 @ 10:36 pm

Lovely cookies! The vanilla glaze just gives them that little bit of extra dazzle!

Lucie — October 17, 2010 @ 8:03 am

I can imagine it must be difficult having only one of these with a cup of tea…more like 4 for me!

Angela FRS — October 17, 2010 @ 8:18 pm

Wow, those look amazing–we have a lot of apples so I will definitely be making these.

Kim - Liv Life — October 18, 2010 @ 11:18 am

Vanilla+glaze+apple+cookies= the perfect “fallish” after school treat!

8. Pingback: Apple Desserts for Thanksgiving!

9. Pingback: Favorite Fall Flavors – Bites From Other Blogs

10. Pingback: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies with Apple Cider Glaze | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

11. Pingback: Buckeye Cupcakes | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Chung-Ah (@damn_delicious) — March 27, 2012 @ 10:05 pm

I’ve recently fell in love with apples so these cookies are screaming my name! :)

Molly — March 31, 2012 @ 2:17 am

Hey, just made these! I didn’t have any raisins and so omitted those, and added some vanilla into the dough. They were great and came out almost cakey, in a really delicious way. They are really more like muffin tops. I added some cinnamon into the glaze. yum!