Raspberry Almond Blondies
Moist and chewy Raspberry Almond Blondies loaded with fresh raspberries and toasted almond slices. Looking for a show stopping dessert to bring to your next summer get together? Look no further! I picked up a few pints of plump raspberries at the farmers market this past weekend. They were not on my list of things to pick up, however, I couldn’t leave without buying at least one pint. They looked too yummy! Have I mentioned how much I love going to the local farmers market? My husband Andrew and I have made the trip a part of our Saturday routine ever since we have moved in.
This past week was super hot here in central Illinois. You know the hot when you only venture outdoors in the very early morning or late at night? It has been so hot that even our dogs don’t want to go outside! With these unbearable high temperatures and heat indexes over the 113 degree mark, I have not wanted to turn on my oven. On Sunday morning I woke up to something very strange-no sun shining through our bedroom windows. Since we have moved to Peoria we have not had any rain, seriously, not even a drizzle, only cloudless skies and hot temperatures. I was beginning to think that we had moved to the desert! This all changed on Sunday morning! As I am watching the pouring rain through our kitchen windows I decided that it was the perfect time to make these incredible blondies. These blondies are super easy to make and can be thrown together in no time at all. Like brownies in shape and texture, blondies are flavored with brown sugar in place of chocolate. If you like brownies, you’ll love blondies! 😀
One Year Ago: S’More Nut Bars
Raspberry Almond Blondies
- 9 tablespoons (1 plus 1 tablespoon sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 2 ⅔ cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour mixture, and beat on low speed, until well incorporated. Mix 3/4 cup almonds into batter.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking dish; spread with a rubber spatula. Scatter berries and remaining 1/4 cup nuts over batter in pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, 55 to 60 minutes.
Yields: 16 blondies
Source: Martha Stewart Cookies